The Windows Installation Game:
Game equipment, per player:
- Linux computer with CD burner and an Ethernet card that doesn’t require additional drivers for Windows XP
- Blank hard drive
- Windows XP pre-service-pack CD
- Ethernet connection
- Unlimited supply of blank CDs
- Unlimited supply of over the counter painkillers, including Aspirin, Tylenol, and Jack Daniels
- Get Windows installed on the spare hard drive before all other players. If you get a virus or other malware you have to take a painkiller and start over.
- Ethernet cable must be up at all times, and Ethernet protocols must not be disabled.
- The Ethernet / Internet connection must be directly to the net. No NAT or blocking router / firewall between.
- Install it from CD and pray you don’t get infected.
- Use Linux to download Service Pack 3 and create a slipstream CD and install with that, and hope you don’t get infected.
- Use Linux to format the drive and copy the files one by one, and download or write a tool to build the registry, fake log files, and other files.
Parts taken from the following thread: http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=1400747&cid=29715201